Love like they say is blind but if love is blind should common sense be blind also? Well, you never can tell what some people are capable of doing when they are in love including those crazy unthinkable stuffs that makes you wonder if their common sense are still intact or how else can one describe the pathetic story of an Abuja based female lawyer who for the sake of love or material benefits entered into a blood oath with her ex auto-mechanic boyfriend and four years after she is now begging to be freed from that bondage.
In a one on one chat with the Rivers State born lawyer, she narrated how poverty and not love pushed her into the messy affair with the mechanic, according to her, " I met him when I was in 300 level in the university of Port-Harcourt, I just lost my dad and things were so tough for my family that I almost dropped out of school". When asked if her decision to enter into a blood oath with the mechanic was motivated by love, with tears running down her cheeks, she said "No". She went further to explain that the mechanic simply took advantage of the poverty in her family, again in her words, " When he visited my house for the first time, he saw how bad things were and so he offered to help".
Chatting further with the soft spoken lawyer, she gave a blow by blow account on how the Abia State born mechanic first introduced the idea of oath taking shortly before her final year exam, she said she turned it down on the ground that her Christian faith does not permit such but after a while he came back with the same request and this time with a threat, in her words, "I told him I wouldn't do that but he insisted, even when I assured him that I will still remain his girl, he did not believe me, he threatened to kidnap and kill me if I fail to take the blood oath". The tall and well endowed lawyer narrated how the duo travelled from Port-Harcourt to a village in neighboring Abia State where the oath ritual was performed in the shrine of a deity chief priest.
At the end of our chat, I reached out via the telephone to the ex mechanic lover to hear his own side of the story but judging from all he said, it was quite clear that he deliberately and tactically pushed her into the oath taking so he can keep her perpetually to himself, in his words, " I spent the money I should have used to save my mother when she was sick on her and her family and now she wants to walk away. If she wants to be free them let them pay me back all my money ". Though the duo had separated physically, the ghost of the satanic oath still haunts the lawyer four years after as every attempt to settle down maritally all failed leaving her with no other choice but to beg the friends and relatives of the ex-lover to prevail on him to take her back to the shrine for the blood oath to be broken.
AUTHORED BY: PASTOR EMMANUEL N OKAFOR
Comments
Post a Comment